Do you struggle with how to get started? Writer’s Workshop is one of the most powerful components in Kindergarten and First Grade classrooms. In Writing, students are encoding words that come from their thoughts and feelings, which is a much easier skill than decoding. Successful writers become successful readers! So, how do you get started? […]
The post How to Get Started with Writer’s Workshop in Kindergarten and First Grade appeared first on Mrs. Jump's Class.
Scarecrow themed lesson plans are just perfect for fall! We love the book, Scarecrow by Cynthia Rylant (affiliate link) and your class will too! Scarecrow Read Aloud This book is flat-out adorable! Students fall in love with his gentle nature! This is a book they beg to hear again and again, which makes it perfect […]
The post Scarecrow Read Aloud Lesson Plans and More! appeared first on Mrs. Jump's Class.
Spider informational text activities for kindergarten and first grade? You got it! Done and done! Deedee and I were asked for more informational texts in our Guiding Readers units, so we added a stand-alone edition. As you know, these units are week-long close reading lessons that really allow students to dive in deeper. The teacher […]
The post Spider Informational Text Activities appeared first on Mrs. Jump's Class.
These reading rubrics for primary grades are great for kindergarten and first-grade reading! These assessments and scoring guides are great for guiding your lessons in reading comprehension. If you’ve used our Engaging Readers units then you probably already use the Rubrics that come with each unit, but questions about assessments are one of our most commonly […]
The post Reading Rubrics for the Primary Grades appeared first on Mrs. Jump's Class.
A Creepy Pair of Underwear is Aaron Reynold’s new book, and I am so excited! Jasper, the rabbit, is back in this story and this time his creepy underwear is scaring him. Just look at these illustrations! Guiding Readers = Close Reading As soon as I saw this book, I knew we were going to […]
The post Creepy Underwear Lesson Plans appeared first on Mrs. Jump's Class.
More Articles ...
- ‘Who breaks a butterfly on a wheel?’: fingerprinting migrant children under the Eurodac Regulation
- Evolving capacities of children: teenagers lead anti-gun law protests in America
- Jurisdiction under the ‘Texas long-arm statute’
- The Iranian Military Intervention in Syria as a Matter of Jus Contra Bellum?
- Reporting obligation for acquisitions in the Dutch telecom sector
- The criminal tackle in football
- Unaccompanied children becoming young adults and the right to family reunion
- It all starts with Aristotle
- Multilateral solutions as regional solutions?
- The Jehovah’s Witnesses religious community and European Data Protection Law – Part II